The 0x8007274c error displays in Windows 10 when your machine can not sync to the IMAP account you specified.
The error usually displays with the Windows 10 Mail app, despite the fact that it may also be led to by means of Outlook. There is a corresponding error code of 0x80072726 which will additionally display on some programs.
The error is led to by means of the relationship to the IMAP server being blocked, maximum normally by means of your 1/3 celebration firewall. SVCHOST.exe could also be from time to time blocked, combating the sync from going down.
The messages steadily display as:
“We’re having an issue downloading messages. Try once more later. Error code 0x8007274c and 0x80072726”
In order to unravel the problem, you want to take away any of the prospective blocks to the IMAP e-mail connection.
The means to try this is to first be certain your mail app is ready up accurately, then that your connection isn’t being blocked by means of your antivirus / firewall software.
If you are able to reach this accurately, you will have to then be capable of obtain emails thru your preferred e-mail shopper (be it Windows Mail or Outlook). The procedure will have to be reasonably easy:
1. Temporarily Disable Any Third-Party Firewall
If you’ve got a third-party firewall (AVG / Avast / Kaspersky / Symantec), you’ll be able to be easiest to briefly pause it. This means, you are able to see if it is blockading the connectivity of your mail app to the IMAP server. You can do that by means of the usage of the next steps:
- Right-click at the antivirus / firewall icon within the bottom-right-hand Windows taskbar.
- From the menu which seems, search for “pause” or “briefly disable”
- Select for 10 mins or regardless of the corresponding possibility is
Whilst this will likely go away your PC briefly uncovered, we will simply restart after checking out out the mail app over again.
Now you want to head onto your mail app and spot whether or not it’s going to obtain the e-mail this time, or now not. If now not, it approach you want to particularly permit the svchost.exe report within the core components of Windows.
2. Allow SVCHost.exe Through The Windows Firewall
SVCHost.exe is utilized by Windows to lend a hand services and products function to your machine. Whilst this software usually works nice, it’s going to from time to time be blocked as a result of it is looking to get entry to information / services and products that it will have to now not.
If you might be nonetheless experiencing the 0x8007274c (or 0x80072726) error, you will have to check out making an “exception” for this software in Windows Firewall:
- In the hunt bar on the backside left of the display, kind “Windows Firewall”
- Click at the app which seems first within the listing
- From the menu which lots, choose “Allow an App or Feature thru Windows Firewall”
- Add a brand new app, with the listing URLs: – C: WindowsMachine32svchost.exe – C: WindowsSYSWOW64svchost.exe
- After it’s been added, rename it to “Host Process for Windows Service” after which click on “OK”
You will have to then check the Mail app once more after this. If it really works then you might have solved the problem (for now).
If now not, you will have to carry out the similar procedure with Windows Defender …
3. Allow SVCHost.exe Through Windows Defender
Windows Defender is the default antivirus app that incorporates Windows 10. If the above steps didn’t paintings, you will have to upload svchost.exe to its excluded apps:
- From the lower-right hand nook of the taskbar, choose the small blue protect and right-click
- Select “Open” from the menu that looks
- Click “Settings”
- Scroll right down to “Exclusions”
- Add exclusion
- Select “” Exclude a exe, com or str procedure “and exclude the next: C: WindowsMachine32svchost.exe & C: WindowsSYSWOW64svchost.exe
- Restart your PC