Have you or would you like to create a signature for your outgoing emails? Whether it’s for personal or professional reasons, this article will teach you how to add a signature.
The process is different depending on the type of email service provider you use.
If you use Microsoft Outlook, they allow several different email signatures depending on your recipient. If you have a business, it’s likely you want to use one related to your business. If you are sending to friends and family, then a more fun one might be your choice.
Instructions for Microsoft Outlook, Version 7
- Open Outlook
- From the top menu bar select Tools
- A drop down menu appears. Choose Options, Mail Format and then click on Signatures
- This brings you to the menu where you can add text and / or insert images.
- Be sure to name your signature in case you create more than one.
- If you have more than one email address coming from Outlook, you can assign a different signature to each email address. You also have the choice to use the signature on outgoing emails as well as emails you reply to.
- Be considerate. Depending on the size and resolution of your photo (s) the email you send to your recipient may take quite some time to download. Keep your photos small and low resolution. This will allow the entire email along with your signature to load quickly on the other end.
- Always test your signature first by sending yourself an email to see how it looks and how quickly the email opens. Make any necessary edits before officially adding it to your outgoing emails.
For Gmail Accounts
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on Settings located on the upper right of the page.
- Scroll down to the signature window where you can type in any text you wish and also insert an image.
- Don’t forget to save your changes by clicking on the Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
You can also create your signature using free programs such as mylivesignature.com and wisestamp.com. With Wisestamp you download an application to your browser that will allow you to add the signature to any web based email service like Hotmail, Yahoo, Google, etc.
My Live Signature and Wisestamp, at the present time, are not compatible with Microsoft Outlook or Outlook express. You will need to follow the instructions listed above to add an email signature.
Article Source Link by Deborah Marsden