Issues with MS Outlook are a major problem when you are working in an organization. One common Outlook issue is:
“Microsoft Outlook has stopped working”
It seems that you have come across the most annoying interruption with the occurrence of above message. The problem generally occurs with MS Outlook 2010. Moreover, it does not resolve even after repairing or reinstalling the entire MS Office suite. Below is the solution to your problem, let’s proceed:
- Open MS Outlook 2010.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and click ‘Account Settings’.
- An ‘Account Settings’ window will be displayed with default E-mail tab opened. You can go to different tabs to see the particular settings for your account. If multiple accounts are configured, you need to select the account for which you want to view the settings. However, the twist begins when you get the same error message after performing the above steps. The issue may be caused due to the add-ins. Therefore, to make sure, you need to start Outlook 2010 in safe mode. Doing so will disable the add-ins and if after safe mode, Outlook works fine, the issue is damn well due to the installed add-ins.
You can start MS Outlook in safe mode by holding the ‘Ctrl’ key and starting the application.
But, if the error recurs, you need to create a new profile, and then import the data of old profile to the new one. After creating the profile, check whether the problem is occurring. If not, the issue was with your old Outlook profile.
Create a new profile as follows:
- On your Windows computer, click the ‘Start’ button.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click ‘Classic View’ link. If you are performing the task on Windows 7, change ‘View By drop down to Large Icons’.
- Double-click ‘Mail’.
- In the displayed window, click ‘Show Profiles’.
- Click ‘Add’. Type a name for your new profile.
- Click ‘OK’
- In the displayed email wizard, provide the required information.
- After the wizard finishes, choose the new profile under ‘Always use this profile’.
- Click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
You can perform the import process by performing the given steps:
- Start Outlook 2010 with new profile.
- In the menu, click ‘File’ → ‘Open’ → ‘Import’.
- Select ‘Import from another file or program’, and then click ‘Next’.
- Select Personal Folder File (.PST), click ‘Next’. Here, personal folder file consists of the data of your old Outlook profile.
- Locate the PST file of your old profile by clicking on ‘Browse’.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Select the folder named ‘Select folder to import from’ from the given list and if ‘Include subfolders’ checkbox is not selected, do it.
- Click the option ‘Import items into the same folder in’ and click on ‘Finish’.
- On completion of the process, the data of the old Outlook profile will be imported to the new profile.
You are now free from the issue you have been facing. However, you need to be very attentive while performing the Outlook recovery steps because one mistake will further get you stuck with other issues.
Article Source Link by Aida Jolley